We monitor guidance of OSHA and the CDC. Consequently, we change our guidelines as theirs do.
You are as safe as one can possibly make it. For instance, we take the following precautions:
- All staff are screened, have their temperature taken, and are monitored for signs of illness. Moreover, staff showing signs of illness are sent home. We log all daily screenings. Furthermore, staff are tested for Covid-19 antigens.
- Similarly, we perform screening of all patients and take temperatures at every visit. If patients demonstrate symptoms, do not have proof of vaccination or have not been tested, they will receive an FDA approved rapid Covid-19 antigen/antibody test. This is a finger-prick test, not a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Replacement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) occurs after each patient encounter.
- We use a special suction system that reduces the production of aerosols.
- We disinfect each operatory after each patient encounter with CDC approved agents.
- Furthermore, we place barriers on all high touch surfaces after disinfection.
- Disinfection of common areas occur regularly.
- We provide masks free of charge.
- Teledentistry Services can reduce visits. In addition, many insurance plans approve these types of “office visits.”
- Our practice uses curbside check-in and a virtual waiting room. Firstly, when you arrive text our office at 772-774-7787. After that, we will respond when it is time for your visit. Meanwhile, a disinfected tablet is brought to your car to complete any necessary forms.
- We keep occupancy minimized to patients and staff. We ask companions and family members to wait outside the office. Parents of minors and legal guardians may wait inside (within our occupancy limits). However, we ask they wait in reception. That is to say, we cannot socially distance in the operatory.
- We keep our reception area socially distanced.
Contact Us with any questions regarding our infection control protocols.